Details about tourist resident permit in Turkey:
Turkish laws and regulations regarding visitors who want to extend their stay in Turkey for more than the period stated in their visa state that:
Foreigners who want to stay in Turkey for more than the period allowed in their visa or more 90 days should ge a Resident Permit.
Tourist resident permit is the best choice for those who want to stay for a short time like one or two years. It is usually used by those who come to Turkey to study the market or to have a long vacation.
Tourist resident permit requirements:
Important Note: you will not be able to apply for tourist resident visa if you exceed the time allowed in your visa.
For example: if you are Syrian and you want to apply for tourist resident permit, then you have to apply within one month of arriving in Turkey, and if you are Jordanian then you are allowed to stay for three months before you have to get a tourist resident permit and if you want to extend your visit you will have to apply for a resident permit and you have to do so within the three months allowed.
Documents required for tourist resident permit:
- Appointment for application “We can issue it even if you are outside Turkey”
- Health insurance. (the cost depends on the company and your age; you may contact us and we will give you the best quote that meets your requirements)
- A documented lease contract certified by notary public in Turkey for not less than one year (shorter contracts are not accepted).
- Copy of the Passport.
- Copy of the visa used for entering the country.
- Four personal photos.
- Tax number from the tax office administration in addition to tax payment receipts. There are two types of taxes in Turkey; the first one is a fixed tax for all nationalities called “yabanci kart bedeli” and it is “72 Liras”, and the second “harç bedeli” is different according to nationality.
- Bank statement showing a balance of 6000+ $. This is not required for some nationalities as documents are different for different nationalities.
- Criminal record from the original country of citizenship certified by the ministry of foreign affairs of the country ant the country’s embassy in the country where he/she is residing “for expatriates”. This is not required for some nationalities as documents are different for different nationalities.
Benefits of tourist resident permit:
Tourist resident permit is a basic requirement for those who want to get a permanent residency in Turkey because most of the transactions require a valid resident permit; like when you want to get a lease contract and transfer. It is also good for those who visit Turkey on a regular basis and do not want to apply for a visa each time; the tourist resident permit will allow them to come and go without restrictions as long as it is valid.