Who has the right to get a student residence permit?
Student resident permit is granted to those who will receive education in a Turkish educational institution on diploma, bachelor, masters, or PhD levels.
It is also possible to grant student residence permit to foreigners receiving primary or secondary education who are sponsored by Turkish individuals or legal bodies after getting parental consent or their legal representative during their stay in Turkey. This residence permit is granted on a renewable one year basis.
The student residence permit does not give his mother, father, or any parent the right to get residence permit.
The student residence permit is not granted for one year if the course is less than one year.
What are the documents required for student resident permit?
- Final acceptance letter from the Turkish University or school or language course. He/she will have to exchange it with a student identification card “öğrenci belgesi” upon arrival.
- Health insurance valid for one year from a Turkish insurance company “International insurance is not acceptable”.
- An appointment from the immigration department to submit your documents.
- Four personal photos.
- A documented lease contract certified by notary public in Turkey for not less than one year. Students residing in university accommodation should submit a proof.
- Passport copy.
- Tax number from the tax office administration in addition to tax payment receipts. There are two types of taxes in Turkey; the first one is a fixed tax for all nationalities called “yabanci kart bedeli” and it is “72 Liras”, and the second “harç bedeli” is different according to nationality.